www.flickr.com

Toni's-corner

Come to my corner, look thru the window. you'll see me....just me, my memories of joy, struggle & victory. I thank you all in advance for commenting. Id love to hear from you.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

My thoughts on the Gastric Bypass

All along Ive been counting on the gastric bypass to lose weight. Not that I couldnt lose it myself but that it would be easier!...hmmmm

my ex sent me a websight of this lady who was my size in may of 2003....had the surgery and made a written & picture journal of it all...hmmmm

On this website there were nude pics of her extra skin...wowzer! lotsa extra skin.

lately she has added pics of the reconstructive surgeries shes had....4 to date....hmmmmm

after looking at the latest pics....im rethinking the surgery. she looks alot like Frankenstien. scar from armpit to elbow, completely around her waist, from knee to pub....up either side of her pubic hair. scars under each boob...and she still needs at least 2 more surgeries...just to getrid of the skin


I figure that all that PLUS the surgery to cut off her intestines & stomach might be a bit too much for me...Soooo

Unless something changes my mind....ill just diet to lose the weight...never had a problem...when i set my mind to it...just the life long thing of keeping it off is what i question about myself. Up until recently...the loosing weight was just for looks but now its a health issue. I just dont wanna open a new can-o-worms with all those surgeries.

I still plan to keep a pic journel tho. also remember that Ill probably will still need to get alot of skin cut off after I lose it...makes more sense to me to forgo the the gastric bypass....healthier too.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger pawzz said…

    email me & ill give it to u

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Not to pee on your parade - cuz I admire your courage to work so hard on yourself, but even if you lose the weight by dieting, won't there still be excess tissue left over at the end? Not that you should give up trying, but if you've tried that way before, maybe surgery isn't a terrible option...though I'd look at more procedures - like that adjustable band they can put around your stomach. Sometimes I think about a surgical procedure because I am struggling with my weight (and an I-just-turned-40 metabolism that has virtually stopped!) Best of luck no matter what you decide. p.s. as for your comment earlier about spelling and punctuation, I'm usually a snob about that, but I liked your comment that your gifts lie elsewhere!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home