www.flickr.com

Toni's-corner

Come to my corner, look thru the window. you'll see me....just me, my memories of joy, struggle & victory. I thank you all in advance for commenting. Id love to hear from you.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

More Memories

I remember...

A long time ago
that large Co.
& the oilspill

Dawn detergent saved the day
so many birds died
we tried to save em
and we did
alot of em anyway.

Such a waste, so sad.

scrape, dunk...
wash wash wash, rinse.
treat for shock...iv fluids

dont break the feathers!
make sure to rinse well!
stay calm!
and most of all....
keep going!


when i got there...
the stuff was like tar
dead lil bodies all over...
we burned most...burried the rest...
poor things.

alot of orphaned chicks too
clean em off...
box em up
ship em out to foster homes.

was a learning time
but the cost was too high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home