www.flickr.com

Toni's-corner

Come to my corner, look thru the window. you'll see me....just me, my memories of joy, struggle & victory. I thank you all in advance for commenting. Id love to hear from you.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunday's Fiasco

lastnight I thought id trim my hair. Ive done it before...Its easy
but...I musta shifted my attention for just a second and disaster struck.
I was using electric clippers and smack!. I created a bald spot!...I tried to fix it...ummmm...my atempts ended up in a cockeyed mohawk. Christ! im 46...I have no bussiness wearing my head in a mohawk. so with all the confidence I could muster...I continued to "fix" it. I kept running the childhood scene from when my mom would attempt to trim my bangs & kept trying until there were just lil spikes about 1/4 inch sticking straight up.
So, I stuck my tongue out in concentration and tugged along thru this...it couldnt be too hard...right?
WRONG...
I now sport a doo that from the front I resemble charlie brown & from the back I look alot like Winston Churchill!. Mercy! I am bald!...to the skin.... I look like aomeone who has endured 3 rounds of chemo. whoa-is-me!
Then...
I cleaned up the hair & there was alot of it, tossed it in the toilet...flushed, rinsed the sink and noticed that the sink wasnt draining. I turned to the toilet and saw that all that hair wouldnt flush & I had clogged the toilet too!...now im bald & starting to panic cuz I dont wanna have the landlord see my baldness. so I start to plunge...I plunge with all my heart & soul...that moment I became a plunging maniac...the toilet reluctantly flushed so naturally I thought I could do the same to the sink, thinking ill scrub it afterwards. so in the sink goes the plunger...up down up down faster & faster... over & over...

did u know that the sink has a hole near the rim?
hell I didnt...till a mixture of hair & water showered all over me. So now im a bald plunging wet hair mess...and all 4 of my cats decide that they want to use the litter box!...in the bathroom. well I had to stay in there because I put draino in the sink...and it sat there...at the bottom...real nice like. My cats drink from the bathroom faucet (we leave a slow stream running for them) & I didnt want them to think the water in the sink was to drink...

so now im a sweaty bald wet & hairy plunging maniac...sitting on the pot watching 4 cats shuffle around and stink up the air.

did u ever notice that cats take forever to go potty? Mercy!

and I didnt even have my smokes.

Finally I shew'd the felines out, sprayed some much needed scent and got to hop in the shower to wash all the itchy hair off.
notice I did not say that I continued to work on the sink. I gave in and called the landlord , who promptly told me that he would call in the morning & get a plummer out here... IN THE MORNING!!!!!

who is going to sit on the pot & watch my kitties poop!

3 hours later I realise that all I have to do is move the litter box out of the bathroom & close the door....then get a bowl of water...

as far as I can see there is only one damn thing that was a positive in the hair trimming fiasco....I had something to blog about!...yea me


such is a normal day in my life.
moral of the day?
pay the damn $5.00 to get ur hair trimmed!


~later

2 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger pawzz said…

    to the skin! rotf...at least i didnt find any 666 under the hair
    ....9and yes my head is ROUND....and im fat, sooooo i look rediculous. but like I said...itll grow back...actually after u get over the shock...its quite liberating.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Ace of Spades said…

    what a day/night. and i thought my luck was bad. lesson learned, always pay to get your hair cut. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home